Thursday, September 8, 2011

Letting Go

The first thirty years of my life have not been easy. At all. They have been met with trial, adversity, tears, struggle... and some of it has been challenged back with triumph over tragedy, peace in the midst of the storm, and humility.

For my 30th birthday I bought paper sky lanterns to release. One for every two years I have been alive. People in various cultures release these at special occasions for various reasons. I am going to release them for a few reasons. One, because they are really pretty. Two, Tangled made a beautiful scene of it. Three, I'm pretty obsessed with Asian culture and they started in Asia. Four, and probably the most important... it's symbolic of me letting go of the past and wishing wonderful things into the future.

I am packing up this house still... One box at a time, filling one nail hole at a time, cleaning as I go. Happy to see this house of misery being shut down. I'm looking to happy horizons. Chasing joy. Giving love, compassion, and service. For in those we find healing and hope.

Love - Serve - Live

No comments:

Post a Comment