
There are no words to express feelings I have right now. It's a pile of mixed emotions and I don't even know where to start.
Saturday I got a call from my mother and I knew from the moment I said "hello" - it was not good news, but I didn't expect the words she would relay. My grandfather, Jack, had a serious headache, fell to the floor, and didn't really come to. He suffered an anuerysm - a severe brain bleed - and wasn't expected to do well after the ER doctors talked to my parents.
Sunday morning, I got a phone call from dad. "You need to say goodbye, we're pulling the plug, get the kids. I'm putting the phone to his ear..." After we passed the phone around, I sat in shock for a while. Then the tears started to flow and I ran upstairs to my mural. I only managed to get a few blossoms outlined before I went into crash mode. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew that I couldn't process it all at once, and that I needed to go to church, but I couldn't move. Just sat there... for a long time.
Too much death and dying for me to process. Too much trial and loss.
I'm grateful to be surrounded by great friends in this sad time. I don't know if weather will permit travel, and if I can do it alone with the kids (to Salt Lake). The last time killed me - well almost... Driving under emotional stress too will probably not be the greatest idea... Jason should be starting in Pocatello sometime this week.... Just so much is not certain - then again - what is?
I guess that's about it...
I heard about your grandpa yesterday. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you have lots of friends to comfort you up there. I wish you could come down and be here with your family and friends, as I'm sure you would love to do. Our prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteAmy, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. He was a great man. I have loved being in your parents and grandparents ward again. My thoughts and prayers are with your whole family. I had the privilege of calling people to bring the food for after the funeral. I hope you get to be there for the funeral and wish you safe travels.
ReplyDeleteAmy, just wanted to let you know how sorry we all are for your loss, you and your family are in our prayers. XOXOXO.
ReplyDelete