Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wow, I've come a long way


This was the blog entry that changed my life. This is where I hit rock bottom. This is where I was 100% honest with what I was really weighing in at. To see how far I've come is amazing. I feel like I can take on the world. The feeling of losing 20 pounds felt totally out of reach - goal wise anyway - and now I'm down almost 40. That's a kindergarten child! Yeesh! Above picture is me like 20 pounds heavier ago. If that's even proper English....? I'm since much smaller, but can't locate the digital camera!

It's fun to sit and roll through the old posts. I know I started Turbo Jam workouts earlier this year, trying to get thin, and um, it never lasted - probably because I had a hard time not over-doing it. *raises hand* Yes, that's me - the overachiever!

My kids tear my house apart daily, but it's nothing I get too stressed over now. I try to look at things gratefully. I'm grateful they're creative enough to think to do murals on my walls and that they're not lacking creativity.

I just wish I could remember where I stick everything when I hide it from them! The sharpies, well... umm... I can't locate them anymore... but they'll turn up sooner or later, I'm sure. Oh yes, the ever infamous car keys... those always get lost.

I was in a USA Today article - though briefly mentioned - about momnesia. It was pretty funny that the interview lasted about an hour and all that got used was a few sentences. Forgetful, possibly, but I promise, motherhood changes you. You cue into sounds - or the lack there of - much more easily than before - yet you might neglect the fact that you need to get out the door to the doctor or get your daughter from school! HA! Thankfully, nothing has ever been severe but I'm still learning to cope with scheduling so I don't forget. Somehow, I think it's a matter of being an overly focused or stretched mommy that is the basis for momnesia. Who knows what the diagnosis really is... sleep deprivation could be much of it too.

However, I'm finally hungry and will go eat some dinner now. I'll post when I have something great to write about. I need to work on my book while the babies nap!

Cheers my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment