Saturday, November 8, 2008

Feeling Fabulous!

I bought some haircolor last night, and I must admit, I see myself in the mirror again. On a whim, I thought I'd go and try a new brand of color, Clairol Perfect 10. I rather enjoyed the experience because it was rapid and done with in 10 minutes - though I left it on for 15 just to be safe. My new color is a raven-ish dark brown and I'm in heaven. It's not black-black but just darker brown and the pink in my complection finally shows! Mousy brown was just not doing it for me.

I spent the majority of yesterday away from the computer and home. I went to an early morning doctors appointment to see how the wounds were healing, and I guess they're fine even though the bulging port site is there, it will eventually go away, or so I'm told. That's good news.

Then I went to Gretchens to help out with the kids while she and her husband canned their food storage. Her little daughter KayLee turned one yesterday and her party is today... so I'll be gone again in a bit.

I anticipate the last months of this year are going to be hard. Gretchen will be in Seattle, my friends here have family here, so it's likely going to be lonely. This is the first Christmas without my dear grandmother, and the last one we spent together was truly sweet. Not a day goes by that I don't wish she were still here.

Thankfully, my medication is working well now. My psychaiatrist is awesome and knows what he is doing. I have all confidence in the world in his ability because I am more normal feeling now than ever. Though I still carry with me baggage of insecurities and bad self talk on occasion, I am on the pathway to healing.

To a boisterous day ahead! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment