Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Unreal Day!


My actual car above - Car seats loaded too!! Stock Photo Below

Last night, we went back to the dealer to get our car. I traded in my Durango - *sniff sniff - but good riddance to fill ups* for a 2009 Volkswagon Jetta. It's been my dream car for ages now and it rides like butter... Awesome feeling being behind the wheel of a car again! We got a pretty good package to go together so we're all in all rather pleased and the difference we were paying in gas fill ups is going to be so huge back in our budget! We seldom go anywhere the five of us, and when we do, it's seldom farther than a 25 minute ride... so we've lucked out!

I went and helped in Grace's class again today. Not as fabulous as yesterday, but still good to be out and helping. I don't know why I need to be called as a Cub Scout leader either, ugh... I'm frightened beyond belief!

And the most fantastic and crap my pants silly news is...

*drumroll please?*

I am approved for my surgery! My paperwork went in Monday, they determined I'm eligible Tuesday and sent out my authorization TODAY! HOLY CRAP! It's so wierd to be having so much going on in my life that's happening the way I want it to. For so long I didn't allow myself much because I have children to tend to, and rightfully so and I was on the backburner. Now, things are panning out really well and I'm relieved and feel like vomiting at the same time. The nerves are setting in. Hopefully I can get a Xanax or Valium before I go to the hospital. So surgical day is October 21, 2008.... I should be a whole person by Thanksgiving!

Anywhoo! That's the latest and Greatest from my neck of the woods!

3 comments:

  1. Your car looks awesome! I'm glad you were able to get what you wanted. Sorry I didn't call you back - tonight was girl's activity days and moms had to come and then it was mutual right after. Whew - busy day/night. I'll call you tomorrow!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL car, Amy! I love it! I am going "car" for my next car too, I think. I LOVE my van but whoooooo! The gas mileage is KILLER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah, I forgot, WOOOOOT Congrats on your surgery too! I know you're so excited!

    ReplyDelete