Wednesday, September 17, 2008

'MOM! I DON'T WANNA DIEEEEEEEEE!'

And other priceless things your 7 year old might scream when afflicted with pain. Somehow, Grace managed to lodge a pencil between her 2nd and 3rd toes on her left foot, leaving behind a hole nearly 3/4 inch deep and about the diameter of a grain of rice. I couldn't dig out the lead, so I had to take her to the ER, as urgent care just closed 2 minutes before I showed up. F-an-tastic...

So, hobbling and sobbing into the ER, Grace - thankfully still alive *wink* - was able to communicate well enough to get treatment without mom being mouthpiece. They took X-rays and saw nothing. They said colored pencil lead wouldn't really show up, pencil would, yadda yadda. I got a script for Augmentin to prevent infection, and they sent us home.

On the way home she said "Mom? I don't really feel that bad now!" I thought - great. Hear that toilet flusing with our co-pay of 25.00 right in it? FABULOUS! UGH. The child dramatics are really starting, huh?

Yipes, give me a few years and I'm sure I'll be totally gray, broke and insane!

1 comment: