Monday, September 22, 2008

Trees, why trees?


So last night, I was talking to my mom at a reasonable hour of the day... and conversation turned from my grandma to feelings of people needing to be found. Not like - WANTED or HAVE YOU SEEN ME? - but my family history. Intrigue, always gets the best of me, drove me to the computer to crank up my ancestry.com membership and see what I could find. After my mom sent me her file of what she had... OFF I WENT! Before a few hours, I had added more than 60 people to her tree, her side of the family. After she went to bed, I spent another three hours digging around to find Bowker/Jenkins lines (my dads). And I found more people.

It was interesting to see so many marriages, people, stories, etc. unfold before me. I guess there was some polygamy in the family, some family died in Idaho, and a lot of my ancestors are GERMAN! That explains it all, huh?

I can proudly say that I can print out a 5 generation pedigree chart and there aren't any holes! I wish I could say the same for Jason. So many pieces are missing.

As I look over the names, I remember hearing my Nana (g-grandmother) talking about her mother Aurelia. I have a more clear picture of these people now. Who they were and how I got connected to them. It may sound strange, but to have completed so much family history, helps me to feel not so alone. That may not make sense but oh well. It does to me and I guess that's what matters.

1 comment:

  1. Thats awsome Amy I would love to research my family "TREE" have a good day Amy

    ReplyDelete