He posted a myspace blog about how he's doing with his training and with what's going on with the traveling. A comment he wrote really shocked me. He said "When it’s all said and done, that’s what I want to be known as. I don’t do this for the glitz and glamour or the hype that some other fighters do it for. To me, I honestly believe that I was put on this Earth for a bigger reason, and I’m trying to figure that out." I was floored. If you've ever heard this man speak, seriously, he's smart, humble, and comes from such a rough background that you'd never imagine a rise to success like his. So I wrote him and told him from my heart what I thought what his 'big reason on Earth was.
This is what I wrote:
From: Amy Date: Jul 14, 2008 2:44 AM
Knowing your story and your background shows an example to the world. It makes a lot of sense to me why you are here. You are such a role model to the lost young men of the world, who have so much anger and animosity towards the unknown or known in their lives.
You really have come from nothing, but do it with everything you have in you. I've seen you fight live, I've met you a few times in person... and I know the character you have in you is speaking volumes to the kids who are watching what you do.
Your success will propel you to heights where you are able to teach the world what a difference you can make in the lives of kids, if you only invest some time into teaching them the better life. You have the gift, the platform, the voice to do it Roger, you do.
You've lived a hard life... You live a dedicated life now. You are an example of what a fighter should be, both in the ring and in real life. You fought your way out of poverty and nothingness... to stand on a worldwide platform and be seen. This attention you bring to the sport, will bring attention to you and your mission.
I hope you see that, Roger. You inspire so many, including myself, to be bigger and better, and to try harder, to never give up.
You'll whoop the hell outta BJ - just keep focused and doing what you do so well... you'll be there soon, I called it a year ago! ;0)
Best of luck my friend, Amy
And to my astonishment, he wrote back... I was floored... I heart Huerta!
Jul-10-2008 El Matador's March to UFC 87- Week one
Body:
thank you soo much for that... really thatnk you... im trying and ill keep trying.. but seriously your message ment a lot. thank you, and god bless..roger
I love the spelling errors, I do. It's all very real.
I betcha bucks I have good dreams tonight.
Other than that - I went to a pre-op seminar. I was by far the smallest person in the room and people were acting disgruntled towards me for it... I dunno. I'm pushing forward. I might be going under in as soon as 6 weeks. Fingers crossed that this brings me a better life, better health, better outlook on my future.
Fighting my way there...
*wink*
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment