So, since it's been ages since I last wrote anything in my blog, I am most certain I have lots of explaining to do. For me though, it's a rather laughable insight to the last (more than) week of my life. I will make a list so I don't forget to write about anything...
1. Underwriting
2. Keys!
3. The Firsts
4. Nails
5. Telemarketers! Ohhh how I despise you!
6. Internet Woes
So, just when you think that you're approved and you need no further paperwork to get your loan docs to go through, the "underwriter" has another hoop for us to jump through. I was certain that I was going to be told to sit, lay down and roll over, then given a biscuit for being a "good girl" and doing as commanded. No, really.
We got keys late Wednesday, June 11th and we were just excited to finally have a home to call our own. It's wierd when you have your own place because you want to make it cozy and at the same time are afraid to put nails in the walls to hang pictures or curtains. I'm almost through all the boxes we stored in the garage, and amazingly enough, we have like 4 miscellaneous boxes of just stuff. I told Jason last night, I think I'll hyper sort all the stuff into boxes of who it will belong to in 10 years, just in case I don't have time to get to it by then. Planning for the future, huh?
The firsts in the house... so exciting. I had, at one point, considered doing a poll of who thought who would be the first to color on the wall, spill on the new carpet, puke on the floor, etc. It's just interesting to see that nothing was the way I thought it was... KayLee Carey was part culprit in the first spill of water on the floor. This is funny because she's only 8 months old... Aubrey was the first to write on my beige walls with blue ink pen, and the dog we adopted from the humane society, DUKE, was the first to puke... TUNA FISH SANDWICH!!! YUCK! The things that make you go... *HURL*
I'm seriously considering having a few days a week dedicated to doing nails again out of my house. I love the fact I can interact with people that way and give them something that they really want. My perfectionism gets the best of me at times, but I'd rather something be really well done, than leave it not good enough for me. I was going through boxes last night til almost midnight, and came across a lot of the things I said I wish I had before I really got going, like my tip clipper, another set of cuticle nippers, two sets of cuticle tweezers, a metal pusher, my fingerbowl for manicures... it was pretty cool to see this stuff, but the best part was finding my medal from the nail show I did... I did a set of nails on my friend Robin at the Long Beach International Beauty Show and got a medal... pretty cool seeing as I was 16 and still a student...
So, after having my new phone number for a few days, every telemarketer on the planet has the best deal, only available for a limited time and they want to GIVE it to me at NO CHARGE! You know what I say to that? "Yes, I'm on the federal do not call list, please..." click - they hang up. If you are pestered by telemarketers, please visit www.donotcall.gov and take a minute to register all your phone numbers so the next time a sucker calls, they're easily off the phone, no lying needed. After about a month, all calls should come to a halt. Hope this helps, and if it does, pass it on!
And if things weren't bad enough, I have tempermental internet. It goes up and down about as good as a woman with hot flashes. It's just a big ol turd right now. I can barely get on my messenger without having to restart a conversation about FIVE THOUSAND times! Thankfully, the blogger autosaves my text so I don't have to worry about losing everything when it goes down, but it's so annoying. QWEST, IF YOU CAN HEAR ME - FIX THIS NOW!
Okay, I've gotta get out to the garage and sort while the unpackers and movers are still sleeping for a few more hours... those girls. Let me tell ya! Until next time, be Fierce!
Pictures - Pictures - Pictures!
ReplyDelete