Monday, May 19, 2008

Why I hate soda

So, we were out today, hadn't had a bite to eat pretty much all day. I hate to go out hungry, no matter when it is, but today, I had my head in a whirlwind. This is why:

We had bundling insurance man out at our apartment this morning and we've signed up to bundle life, home, and auto insurance. What's funny about it? The whole thing is costing us what our car insurance alone cost us in California! That's what's funny and great at the same time.

Then, you take two screaming, insane, acrobatic toddlers to the store, and there you have it. Pure insanity. I lasted all of 20 minutes in Fred Meyer before calling it quits... I want to pull my hair out some days, but I don't think the mange look would go over so well for me.

Thank God I can laugh at myself.

So why I hate soda... Jason and I have been soda free for - err... nearly 6 months, and on occasion (RARE) have we been forced to drink a diet soda because no bottled water, and the tap water tasted like sewer. Today, was one of those days. McDonalds - shhhh Chalene Johnson doesn't need to know I went - didn't have bottled water in. I had to go diet. And man! Did my stomach sure tell me it hated me after. I felt like throwing up for about half an hour. I'm okay now for the most part, but the bun is making my guts turn now. Wheat intolerance is not fun at all. Why do these strange maladies happen so late in life... kind of like the wild allergies that hit us once we get to Idaho. I'm told, that this "spring" is nothing, wait til' ragweed season. Great. I should buy stock in Claritin while I can.

Tonight - we're going to take Mexican food over to a friends house and have family night. It was a going tradition for quite some time, then baby came along, we took a break... and my husband is having withdrawals. He and Jared - baby shower Jodie's husband - have made out like they've been BFF's their whole life. Finally, for Jason to have someone who may have not been so perfect in life prior to committed Mormonism, it's priceless. He feels good having friends like we do, and he wants to take care of his friends. Like buying 4.00 a container salsa for dinner tonight... but not just one, TWO! What does he plan to do? Eat it with a garden spade? I can only handle so much salsa... I tell ya.

I need to sit and write about my friends eventually. I've touched on them... but never really written much about them... and for the family who does not live in Idaho, AKA - ALL OF YOU - I think for you to see my friends through my eyes would be neat. I appreciate all of them so much, each with their own talent, their own ways... but I'd not trade them for the world. :) I think I need to plan a girls night out to the Boise Temple and go to lunch after! Whhoooo! That sounds good, I'm going to get to calling!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on the whole goin to the store thing! I have the stern talk with the kids before I even open the car door. We usually end up with some sort of boxing match at the check-out.
    I'm a licensed insurance agent - bundling can be good but you still have to be careful for the retarded ones that are out there. :)
    Call me anytime...I can drop everything at a moments notice to have a girls day out!!! OOOHH YEAH!

    ReplyDelete