Sunday, May 18, 2008

Be ready, this is a venting blog

So, today, well wait. Let me start with yesterday. Yesterday was ward karaoke night. Frightening, I know. What's worse? Me singing a solo, shaking like a flippin leaf... I was asked to sing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" - and I was so nervous... crikey. After it was over, apparently, people thought I loved to sing - I don't - and would ask me to sing with them, which I gladly obliged. What am I gonna do, sing worse than I did? If nothing else, being moral support for some of the best people in the planet, was the least I could do. It wound up being a really great night, I had fun visiting with friends and just getting out of the house.

Okay, now, back to today. Being nursery coordinator on any given Sunday can be stressful. Even more so when you've got both of the nursery leaders from one class out sick, and one from each other nursery class. Talk about scramble... It was nuts. I felt so bad for my friend Amy, the "Red" nursery teacher today. She was having a hard time, which I totally understand with hubby out of town all the time and with the other teacher out, wow. She held it down pretty good. Blessings are headed her way.

Back to me, not like I like to talk about this, but one day, I will likely look back and laugh my butt off at how silly these things are. It was just a crazy, cry it up, snot faced day. My kids had just some weird funk going on because Jason wasn't at church with us, he was in on a derailment... and will likely be gone tomorrow too. THANK THE LORD ABOVE for my friend Mandy who's bailed me out so many times, her lap is a favorite of my two youngest, Aubrey and Faith. I don't know if I could have done church today without her. Mandy, if you ever read this, I owe you, I love you, you can never move too far away, okay?!

I took the kids to the pool. Initially I thought I looked alright in my new suit... but got to the pool... and not so much. A few more weeks of Turbo Jam and I should be alright. I'm pretty committed to this now, I'm sure to see this through. I measured today and I'm down 13" overall measurements, 4" alone in my waist. A WHOO HOO ME! Thanks Chalene... this stuff works!

Anything else? Oh yes, my friend Amy had a Tastefully Simple party yesterday. I enjoyed her company more than the food, most of it was wheat based which my intestines and stomach currently don't enjoy, but I'd take good company any ol' day. I bought some cake stuff... It's okay, I don't think I'd spend 8.99 on it again... but it was inspiring. We'll see what the future holds with the rest of my order.

So - if you got through this, yay!

Peace this week please, Lord. I'm being so good.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment