Saturday, May 31, 2008

In a Lazy Daze & a Date

So, yesterday I started anti-anxiety medication, because with the way this house buying crap is going, I'm getting my ulcers back, not sleeping at night, and feeling just miserable all around. So now, I'm a dead body most of the day, laying no interest into doing much of anything. Down side? I'm not packing much now. Upside, I really don't give a crap about much of anything. I hope this helps with the stress I am under with all that's going on in my life. I could use a break from the insanity that's known as house buying. I'm sure after a few days my energy will be back, but for now, I'm cool with just chillin'.

Jason took me out on our first date since, I can't remember, Friday night. He coordinated the sitter (thanks Mandy), found the best place he was reccomended, and took me there. Jason was told by a man at work (36 year old friend) how fabulous this place was. You could eat on the water-deck-thing, music, food, etc. So with all the hype, and this place only being open at night, he took the day off as a vacation day, to make it extra special...

Jason, if you ever read this, I'm sorry. The place was a dive! It was called Montego Bay... and on the door it said 21 and over... Wow! Family friendly spot isn't it? It turned out to be a BAR! With a bunch of 40-50-somethings sitting around, drinking their drinks and puffing away on their cancer sticks. I felt really out of place being the only one my age there, and after a while, resorted to singing along to the horrible "hustle" 70's music that was being played. I remember the last song was ABBA's dancing queen, how appropriate... huh?

Shopping without children is a pure delight. I can't tell you how fast things get done. Jason and I had pretend conversations with our ghost children in Wal-Mart. We told them not to bite eachother, sit down, don't touch, etc. I'm sure we looked like crack-heads, but for the first time in my life, I fit in looking like one! Okay, okay, not so rough on Wal-Mart.

Needless to say, it was nice to be out with him, for once, with no kids in tow. Time like that is priceless... Thanks Mandy... I love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment