Since I hope not to get up tomorrow during Sacrament Meeting and bear my testimony, I can share here what's been on my heart and look back on it at some point and not worry about Angels lecturing me on what I said poorly... this is on paper, err... the world wide web, and I'm okay with that.
I'm grateful for good friends, who share the same standards as myself. They love and support me and I've been blessed to have them in my life.
I love Idaho. I'd never trade the peace I feel here in this place for California, ever, again. I feel like I finally belong somewhere, that my spirit is whole and that I am going to be well here, if I can just get into my home.
The humbling lessons are sometimes hard to learn, but I'll get it down soon enough. It seems to me that I have lots of layering going on in the patience department, so long as it's cake layers and when I am done, I can eat the sweetness of my work.
I'm grateful for my children. They're busy, they're bright and I love them for their pure hearts. What love and compassion they show to all they meet. I've learned a lot being a mommy.
I'm grateful for generally good health and that I'm able to walk, go pee on a toilet and not with some catheter, etc. I mean, I have bumps along the road of life, but I'm still kicking back and that's okay.
I'm just thankful... I need to be thankful more often...
This last week has been incredibly sad for me. As we get nearer to closing on our house, maybe, I can remember my Grandma Burdick saying how she wanted to throw me a welcoming party at my new house. She said she wanted to decorate and help with the food, and she was sure our house would be just "lovely." She said this during one of her on & off days... she sometimes had dimentia that spilled into reality... but I think there's some wisdom in all this being said before she passed. I'm sure my grandma is waiting to throw me a party, a welcoming party, but when I return home to my Father... In the meantime, I hope to carry her spirit with me, and amount to something as wonderful as she was.
No comments:
Post a Comment