So, if last night wasn't bad enough when I found my WHITE 275.00 Dooney and Bourke purse covered in lipstick, RED lipstick, today I get a call from some creditor who wouldn't give me his name but could tell me everything about myself. He verified my last four of my social security number, my address, and updated my last name. I had to hound him for a fax number to send him a police report to regarding what he could theoretically be trying to collect on, and that was tough.
I sent in my police report, which had my social, old address info, etc on it - along with a nasty letter. There is no blemish on my credit report and I owe nothing to any debtor.
I verified this with Capital One Visa - who supposedly I have a debt with - and they searched and searched and could find nothing with my name or social on it.
Then I called Trans Union to back up my butt with a fraud alert, but there was already one there... thankfully. While I had them on the phone, I had them triple check the credit report, nothing was there.
I did call our local police department and told them everything and they said they thought it was 100% fraud and if I lose money on it, they'll open it to a full blown report and take these suckers down. Glad we have some good cops here.
I did some google research on these badasses that are harassing me and they have been found to be in a Capital One fraud ring and have done this to several other people... so, at least I have some footing to stand on.
*sigh*
Still nothing on lending.
I did get some packing done last night, I've got a bit more to do tonight, then I think I'll call it quits for a while. I'm just getting overwhelmed with everything happening right now. Stress is gonna eat me alive.
Back to my Amish Friendship bread I have been trying to make for over 2 hours.... HA HA HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment