So, I got tired of paying 12+ bucks for a Wubbanub pacifier. I started thinking, maybe I could make these myself... buy a beanie, sew the damn soothie on it, call it good. So I started searching for beanie babies on ebay. Boy! Did the memories ever flow in. I remember working at Mc Donalds the summer of 1999, just before entering the Navy. Gosh, what memories at that place. Well, anyway. I remember people lining up to get these Beanies that came in the happy meals. We'd have this gathering of bums outside the store because the people would give away the meals to the bums, and keep the beanies! All that craziness... it was insane. And now a "lot" of beanies is going for Pennies.
What a waste of an investment. I wonder how many folks regret investing in beanies, or anything else at that? It's pretty sad that Gymboree clothes hold a better resale value than beanies, huh?
I like this blogging thing, it gives me a place to vent the strange things that pop into my mind. One day, I am sure my kids will read this and think, "yup! My mom was nuts." Then, after a few years, they too will discover, that this is all genetic!
No comments:
Post a Comment