- Ultrasound today measured me at 8 weeks and four days but they're sticking with the original due date of 10/8. (I usually deliver early because of preeclampsia conditions where my feet swell like
meatloaf and I get really puffy, so I'll probably have a September baby.) And, yes, only one baby!
- Dry heaves while in the doctors office, twice! So embarrassing!
- Labs drawn
-Talked about Down Syndrome statistics and the fact I'm at higher risk due to age... About a 1 in 220 chance. Also discussed the screening that can be done by lab work now instead of an amnio... yay!
- Talked about blood screening to make sure I don't have an RH factor or anything.
- Discussed the preeclampsia I had with previous pregnancies and how I am usually induced at 37 weeks.
Did you know that a woman over the age of 35 having a baby used to be called ELDERLY?! Yeah me either! LOL I'm like great, can I have a depends now? LOL
I certainly don't feel my age, but I know I'm 35. So odd. Having another baby just feels odd.
So in another four weeks - more lab work and baby check and I'm out of my first trimester. This is the worst phase for morning sickness so I'm holding on to hope that it gets better.
Fingers crossed. XO

No comments:
Post a Comment