There were coloring contests, one of which my youngest twister sister WON, random facts on a sheet of paper contest (I still don't get how that was really supposed to work if people weren't there) and a celebrity sighting.

Axl Rose went to the Mormon church for a chili cook off... seriously. I thought he was a celebrity judge, but no. I think he was there to show us that he had changed his overly wild ways, to just wild ways with the sleeker joe-dirt-ish look instead of the dreads and hired some fab personal trainer because he had never looked better. Okay, I kid, I kid. It was just "so my kid tells me you're a rockstar"'s dad dressed as one of the most notorious rock stars... and my goodness... it was pretty hard to tell Kade was behind that mess of a wig I would later dub Pete.
After that, there was an adults Halloween Party for church associated folks and their friends if they so chose. I went to just hang out and people watch, which, I must say, I think I do pretty well... with the occasional crap talking slipping out when beyond raunchy dance moves happen on the dance floor with LDS people in attendance. I wanted to throw up... but between Ricki, Karen, Kade and I... I think we managed to laugh it off enough. Thank heavens there was only ONE slow song... and for that, I watched a handful of couples head to the floor, while me and the two girlfriends stood and smack talked some more. I guess I need to fix that - but seriously... my eyes were just on fire with what was happening. It was like this older gentleman - like 50ish male - was this woman's personal strip pole. She and her bff gyrated all over the dance floor and this man.
It's things like that that make you wanna throw up in your mouth...
A LOT.
I must admit, there was "Brad the Ninja" who was pretty dang hysterical... creeping all over the place being very ninja... and a creepy hooded ghoul that was just that, creepy. Red glowing eyes, black robe and hood... still, I get the heeby-jeebies thinking about it. Warning, do not come trick or treat my door with a mask on, I just might punch ya.
Oh, and for good measure... Aubrey dressed herself this halloween. I do not take a lick of credit for it. She had pink sparkle flip flops, pink sweats, a pink cheerleader skirt, a random blue t, and some Target dollar bin glasses.... I asked her what she was for Halloween... "I's just me, maw" - PERFECT!
Happy Halloween folks.


*PS Ingard, I stole your picture from Kade's wall, because I don't have any other way of showing our Caldwell Axl Rose, thanks! SMOOCH*
No comments:
Post a Comment