Gosh, my house smells of the Scentsy smell "Skinny Dippin," It is so very yummy...
I would like to also mention another form of skinny dippin' though not in the way one might think. But to bare all your soul has to bare, and holding nothing back from the world. I think I've been pretty honest with most things, and up until this point, have been pretty bare. To have the ability to be honest is something I admire within myself, along with the ability to love others.
So today, I got news that one of my best friends in the world is going to be moving away, theoretically speaking, here within a few months. Telling Gretchen that I was sad she was leaving was an understatement. Inside me, I am echoing the same sentiment that she and her children have, to be with her family, as one cohesive unit and for them to be together, I am glad. However, feeling like I am losing a friend to a HUGE long drive, is frightening and sad for me. I hope she knows I've loved her like a sister... and I will miss her incredibly when she goes. I already miss her when she leaves the state for a week at a time.
Other friends I have not seen or heard from in a while. But I love them too, and miss them incredibly. With all the world has shown me, with all the sadness and pain, I can honestly say that I love my friends as an extention of my family. I feel really, truly blessed to have such wonderful people to touch my life.
Sometimes, I sit and wonder what in the world I am fighting for. Am I fighting for a better future for my children? Yes, you bet. Am I fighting for families around the world to have good parents? Yes, in my way I am doing all I can. Am I fighting for people to see others for their true value, their purpose and meaning in more than just the lives of their families... YOU BET.
It's hard, some days, to keep plugging along. One foot in front of the other. But each step forward, is a step in the right direction.
Just Keep Swimming...
Daddy, I hope you're having a good time in Canada. I miss you.
Daddy 2, Thank you for your love and support for me lately.
Mom, I miss you bunches and thank you for supporting me with all I endeavor.
Allisie, We all miss you. Be strong, head up, and SHOUT STICK IT OUT!
Grandma Burdick, I love you. I carry your legacy with me.
Papa Jack, I'm sorry. I'm coming soon to see where you are laid. I promise.
Nannabell, I hope that you are still doing well and know we think about you a lot... sorry I don't call more.
Grandpa Burdick, glad you and grandma can be forever now.
No comments:
Post a Comment