Well, if life couldn't get any more interesting... I'd be surprised. It's been one of those periods where life won't allow me time to do much but cry, move forward, plan and think some more.
I spent some time in the nut ward at the hospital, while the doctors tried to figure out what sleep and medication might do for me. After not sleeping for four days due to stress and crying... I got hauled off by the ambulance, with Karren in the front seat next to the driver. I was in the back with the paramedic, who in my sleepy stupor, I hit on about ohhhhh 6 times. I felt bad about that...
But arriving at the hospital, that wasn't all that fun. The last thing I remember was telling the phlebotomist that I had just waxed my legs... and I woke up the next night in some weird bed, with only scrubs on! Yeah, tell me that's not weird.
What gets even weirder... there was a guy there who was always missing his pants. And guess who he sent to go find some more?
And then there was a girl we dubbed Shrek. She would glare at people, walk around telling folks not to take their meds, threw urine a few times... *GROSS* and she had her own room!
Come to find out, my thyroid was out of whack and I needed meds for that to help my other meds work. Who knew that so much was tied to my thyroid?!
I came home to a perfectly clean house, and yes, I mean perfectly. Karren and the sisters from my congregation (a few of you) cleaned up my kids disaster zones. I can't even begin to tell you how humbling that is. It was nice to be able to just rest.
My mom flew in the night that I was discharged and spent a week with me. BOY! Was that ever needed. It was good to be able to sit and visit with her, to have some love and time to rest and catch up.
Just two weeks ago, Gracie was baptized. We had family in from Utah and California for the event. Though there were few in number, you could definately tell that there was more love in the room than we could even begin to understand.
I have so much I have to do today. I will try to keep updating this as I can. But at least I'm caught up a bit, right?
Hi,
ReplyDeleteI thought I would visit your blog and see what it was all about. I am about to go to a mid morning yoga class where I need to get back to some basic stuff to fix a few problems with my from.
Love you
I know it's been a crazy time for you guys - hang in there!
ReplyDelete