Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Found Glories

Today was delightful, for the most part. I went to Target to get Grace a game for her Wii because she sold her dog off today. She wanted a 50.00 rehoming fee to reimburse for her dog house, tether, food, etc. and we thought that was fair. So, with her extra money, she went and got herself the Sims something or another. I figure it will challenge her in the right ways.

I then discovered Cost Plus World Market. HELLO FUN! If I had a buncha bucks, I would go blow it there. It's like Pier 1, but better, in my opinion! I got some sugar free raspberry syrup for hot cocoas, some gifts for my girlfriends, and "gummy" rattlesnakes, though I think tire tread is more suitable for an adjective. GAG!

An adventure back to Target for the misplaced Pez dispenser and candies from Aunt Allison... and a trip through the clothes for our neighbor Lizzy's birthday.... early. I was pretty pleased that I was able to get her some cute things that I think will work out well for her.

Then! I went to Sallys and got some hair color, some eyeshadows for my friend Judy - buy 5 get one free!! - and a cap for coloring. My hair turned out great! I need to find my digital camera, again, and get pics of it.

I am glad to be here in Idaho still. To know that I have friends praying for me to have things sorted out warms my heart in all sorts of ways. As long as I'm able to be here, I will continue to uplift and be the best kind of friend I can be. I'm so grateful to have these wonderful people in my life.

My sister sent me the most awesome box of goodies for Valentines Day. What a welcome surprise! I was mostly excited about my new mug. It's a beautiful red ceramic mug with hearts imprinted all over it. It's PERFECT for my hot cocoa nights. I hope I get to see her again before too long.

I'm hopeful the kids will go to bed tonight... I need some sleep before my day tomorrow...

Love to you across the miles...

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome day! I have to admit, I love World Market!!! I wandered in there about a month ago and couldnt help myself. I walked out with an $80 picture for the spot above my fireplace. :)

    ReplyDelete