Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lots to talk about

I've not been feeling all that well lately. Just really a bad week for me, on all levels. I am home from church today with a crick in my neck, the babies with the runs, and while I do this, I am re-evaluating the cost of basic everyday things in my home.

I've taken to bathing the littlest ones in the kitchen sink. It uses less water, I have the sprayer head that comes off and makes it easy to wash and rinse them, and they don't get to be out of sight as easily. They seem to enjoy it, and it's motivation for me to get my dishes done at night.

Then, our gas bill this last month was - ohhh, huge. I couldn't imagine why because I keep the thermostats set at 68 degrees, and even lower when I work out. I woonder, if perhaps, it's because of the hot water bathing we WERE doing before I started bathing the kiddos in the sink?

Last night, Faith was saying how her tummy hurt, and that she had "farts" - which suddenly turned into "crapt pants." Either she had too much roughage or this is the small bug that some folks have been complaining about.

With the recent recall of peanut butter because of salmonella outbreak, I am cautious what I am feeding the kids.

Oh and, I have to comment on yesterday, after scouts. I went to lunch with my friends here in Idaho, to catch up from Christmas, to celebrate birthdays, and to just be girls. It was way too much fun. Probably the highlight of my week. No, it WAS the highlight of my week. Amy brought us delicious presents for which she wrapped in the most awesome portable augmentation ever.... tissue paper... with tags. I stuffed myself at the restraunt to see if our waitress would notice... yeah, no. She wound up with hives and that was pretty strange... just kind of a jittery woman anyway. I have to backtrack a bit, the waitress let me sit for a good long while and treated me like I was a teenager... I KNOW I LOOK YOUNG, but please, at least offer me some water or something? We got this little cake delivered and a poor excuse for some happy birthday song sung to the birthday girls, which to me, I could have done a better job, but it was just so good to be together.

Gretchen took us out to her van and handed us all our presents. what's hysterical is, we all were looking at the wrong side of our bag she bought us. When I saw Amy's I flipped mine over and giggled and screamed. It's just - yeah, you've gotta be in the "club" to understand what ownership of this bag means.
The bag has the following saying on it... and yes, we believe it....

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe...yeah, that was fun. We for sure need to do it more often than we do.
    Hope your girls are feeling better soon.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- what a week you've had girl! I'm sorry- when kids are sick it seems everything is out of wack and nothing get done. Hang in there and keep your head up! I'm thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete