
So, I guess with the wild imaginations that 9 year old scouts have, it lays breeding ground to all sorts of stories and ideas. Point in case, today.
I went to the pack meeting - what an eye opener that was - and was introduced to one of my Webelos parents. "Hi! I'm *insert lady name here* and you must be Sister Prather, I hear you're a rockstar?"
*silence* Insert crickets chirping as my Webelo whips his head around in a 180 degree fashion and waits for my response....
"Ummm, no. I own Rock Band and Guitar Hero... but no, no rockstar here..."
*me flashes wide eyed 'what were you thinking?' face to cute webelo boy*
"But you said that one day you're a rockstar!!"
"Um, no. Webelo boy 1 said 'Wow! I like your haircut, are you a rockstar?!' to which I replied 'No, but I'm working on getting a rock band signed from the UK..."
*GULP* says little Webelo.
"Yeah, not a rockstar."
Perhaps, this is why we had a turn out of 11 at our last meeting. The turn out to see the "rockstar" scout leader....
I hope that they don't get any more stories flying around about us, because I would surely hate to let anyone down...
ha ha ha you're a rock star in my eyes..lol
ReplyDelete