I got to thinking a lot about traditions this year, especially now that we're on our own up here in Idaho, and have to carry on whatever traditions we can to make it feel like we're not really all alone.
Today I made the traditional cranberry apple salad.... well, at least started it. I remember having it at every Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I felt really good about this batch as I used a food processer to grind up the apples and berries and it turned out to a recognizable consistency from what my mother produces. They are soaking in sugar as we speak, so whoo! I hope it turns out well.
I'm working on starting brand new traditions for my own family. I thought that I'd love to help the kids come up with ideas about what we can do to make the holidays our own. I'd love to keep up with the ideas my family.... and incorporate them with my new stuff.
Hrmmm... what else? I can't rememeber what else I was going to write... Maybe later!
No comments:
Post a Comment