it's been a rather busy one. I have a lot of firsts in this house I accomplished last week. Our first Christmas lights went up, and down, and the second set went up. I burned my first meal on the stove. I've piled probably and nearly every piece of laundry in my house to be washed. I would guess I'm sitting at easily 13 loads of wash... if I'm careful to get the washers loaded right. GAH!
I did, however, get the satisfaction of dressing the girls in their Holiday dresses from Gymboree and get their pics taken outside on my digital camcorder. I'll get some new pics of me and post those too. It's been a while, and I wish I could find my camera already.
It just doesn't feel like Christmas this year. It's just my family here in Idaho, nobody else, for the Holidays and my Grandma is not with us anymore. I know I should be feeling all the joy and happiness that comes with this season, and to a small extent, I do. However, I also feel a deep loss. There's a hole, where family belongs, where traditions are still happening in another part of the 'states, where christmas cards once arrived, on time, and always with love. It's this time of year, I feel like I have nothing to give, yet at the same time, I feel like I need to.
I may not have a lot of money right now, but I can give time. Time to those who need it, time to pray and read, time to ponder, time to be creative. I can do those things.
May we remember the fruits of the labours of He who came before us, who sank below them all, to raise us in our time. He who loves us all the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment