
I was first watching a documentary on a man, Shaun Ellis, who raised three wolf pups that were abandoned by their mother. The man was brilliant, moreso than any biologist you could gather information from. He lived as a wolf with these pups for 22 months - and probably still does until he finds a proper home. He ate with them, slept with them, let them eat out of his mouth (GAG), and it was really neat to see man interact with nature so naturally. I wondered what it would be like, to be that giving, to a species other than my own? I doubt my girly nature would allow such things but just something to spur my imagination.
Here is a link to his WIKIPEDIA article... It's amazing! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Ellis_%28wolf_researcher%29 It will air again September 23rd. It's pretty awesome!

The next documentary made me cry. Silverback Gorillas in the Congo forest are being killed and their lands wiped away by people farming the lands for charcoal. CHARCOAL! Seriously. The thing that really struck me the most was the deep reverence the park rangers had for these animals. When they removed the gorrillas dead bodies from the mountain, they were hoisted upon the shoulders of men and walked down (miles) off of the mountain to be buried in a safe place. It was if they were honoring a king.
I don't know that what I learned today will make a difference in the world, but it really opened my eyes to humanity. Humanity at it's core. That people and animals can co-exist and I'm sure it was meant to be that way to some degree.
On a silly note... I was cleaning my house this morning while Aubrey was destroying my kitchen. She managed to shove a chair over to the counter, dump pancake mix into my tub of margarine and syrup on a leftover pancake. Half of my tub was wasted, and I just thought, well... she's starting young, isn't she?
Terrible.
I'll be alone tonight, I'm sure as Jason is on a huge de-railment. I will have lovely interesting and dangerous things to blog about tomorrow I'm sure!
Good one Amy. Loved it. And dont get to bored tonight! Aubrey is going to be a chef! lol thats ok, Warren cut a huge chunk of his hair off right in front he looks like hes a handi-capper!! lol so maybe Warren will be a Barber! now all we need is a doctor and a lawyer oh and a pharmacist mama needs her meds! lol J/K
ReplyDelete