Monday, July 7, 2008

Why I think a garden tub is called a garden tub...



As required per the C.C. & R's of development life, we are required to have 5 one gallon shrubs and preferably two trees in our front yard within 30 days of move-in. I like to think I'm a bit of a brown noser and a lousy green thumb I might add, but I wanted to be teachers pet and get in my shrubs!

Mom and I went to Lowe's while she was here and bought some fierce shrubs. I have three boxwood - correct me if I'm wrong Mandy - and an awesome Japanese Snowball tree/shrub thingie. Yes, I am down one shrub, but I have these awesome trees I have ordered from the Arbor Day Foundation and they will be here soon, and my front yard is itsy bitsy, and the back yard is MONSTROUS... so, it will all sort it's self out soon enough. Anyway, back to the good stuff.

Mom and I got to planting with all of a garden trowel and our bare hands in the most horrendous clay mud garbage I have ever had the priviliege of planting in. (FYI - for those of you who don't know, I hate outdoors, I hate camping, I hate water - with the exception of a shower, and I pretty much hate gardening, unless it's something to do with the Garden Tub in my bathroom) I was such a horrible mess with planting... I lost a flip flop in the sticky mud and had clay dirt underneath my fingernails... I about lost it, no really - about *---* this close to losing it.

I had decided then, I needed to get the kids playing outside and get myself clean at the same time. What other way is so awesome than to do "white trash slip-n-slide" on the front lawn in our new development. And, yes, I did demonstrate to my children....... and yes, my mother had her video camera running.... I can see it now. Bill Engvall is going to have a good laugh at me. So after digging in the treacherous mud and sliding on the grass I am allergic to... I decided to soak in the garden tub.

I laid in the hot water of my tub, soaking away the grossness of what had recently transpired and it hit me. This, my friends and faithful readers is why it is called a garden tub... because I brought the garden to the tub with me! HA HA HA! That's about as close to nature as I like to get. God forbid I'm ever asked to live off of a garden I grow... I figure, that's what I've got sod for, right?


1 comment:

  1. I think I would have paid actual money to see you slide down your "white trash" slip & slide. Maybe we can rig one up here sometime too. :)

    ReplyDelete