Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I just had a revelation

I think sometimes, the things that we miss aren't the "things" - rather, it's the association with the feeling we had while we were involved with them/it/him/her.

*damn leg fell asleep while I was reading the news on the internet and it's PAINFUL!*

Anyway - I was thinking today what makes us so fond of the past? Really and truthfully... it's the emotions tied to it. Like old loves, favorite foods, deceased family members, etc. Emotions really run strong and deep. Things we can get tied to also are songs that conjure feelings... the first slow song, love making music, the first kiss, "remember that one time at the bar?" music... times now since past that are buried deep under the hard surface of here and now.

When I get lonely or frustrated, I find myself revisiting those times, places, and people that I miss... and tap into that emotion. I just wish I knew how to shut the door and be okay with not having to get one last visit to get closure... Some things I know it's not just once more I'd like - it's forever....

Closure...

Maybe the next life...

I'm only human

No comments:

Post a Comment