It seems strange to me to rouse myself and be in a fog, though today, I had both types. Mentally I was kind of unaware of things happening until I felt the pit hit the bottom of my stomach and outside, I could physically see the mist hanging low and sad on the ground. Fog was a first for me. You kind of wonder why it took so long to arrive. It's melancholy just as goodbye was.
My dad arrived Sunday afternoon, and much to my surprise, he talked with me a bit. Most of the time he's interested in Jason and doesn't bother to ask much about me. I guess he figures I'm always okay and gonna make it. It didn't take long before I really realized how quiet things are without my dad here. I think he's used to such a lifestyle - plus he's partially deaf from work - to realize that the "hollers" when he talks and uses "huh?!?!" to respond to 90% of what you say the first time.
Just one of those things.
We didn't do anything special. No trips to Boise, none to the Zoo, the mall even. My dad - well - we went to Wal-Mart, Costco, Target, and Wal-Mart again. The only other thing of note is we went to look at houses, sort of. I think I did more looking than he did.
But what's wierd now? He's set on moving here. I think he sees the quality of life, the people, the atmosphere that's here and wants that for he and my mom. Hesperia is nothing compared to the Treasure Valley. I feel like here, I have what I need at my fingertips - minus Disneyland - and the high concentration of Mormons here is just breathing something good to life in the air. You can't help but feel that... really.
Nobody is following though on coming for the pups. It's sad because they are going to be someones' companion - that's breed specific - and people, once hearing their sad stoy of resuce, fall though and don't take a dog. Good grief, could you imagine? I guess I can though... There's something in my head that still haunts me to this day. My dad told me when I was 18 "People aren't going to want used merchandise..." Though my pups and I are both "clean" now and getting a fresh start - myself now for 7+ years -, I'll remember that for the rest of my life.
Hopefully they won't remember much from their first 10 weeks of life, but someone who was willing to risk a lot to be humane and save lives. I hope karma comes back for this one. Maybe just once, to have something awesome happen because what character I put forward of not only being willing to save myself, but others too... maybe, and just maybe it will pay out.
PS - first Stephenie Meyer book finished last night shortly after midnight. 6 hours, cover to cover with interruptions... :) I'm going for the other two books today after I weigh in!
No comments:
Post a Comment