Sunday, July 20, 2008

170.6 - My dad arrives today

So, first off - YAHOOOOOOOO! OOOOOOOOOH! OOOOOH! I'm down another pound! Almost 5 in three days. I don't know what the doc's office is gonna say when I'm down 10 in a week... I think telling me I can't motivates me to show anyone just how good I can.


Dad arrives today... should be interesting. He's definately a character.


Meet Dad

Let me explain his wardrobe... or lack thereof.

Generally, dad wears some safari hat with pins on it. The pins are; a Disneyland pin that has stitch on it with his nickname DOC in the middle and "Here comes trouble", a Canadian something or another pin, a Boyd's Bear Frog with a Santa hat on, and a moose Grace got him in Big Bear, California.
For as long as I can remember, my dad has worn scrub tops, bright scrub tops with frogs, iguanas, Coca-Cola bears, purple tie dye, etc under his engineer overalls. Seriously. I am showing proof below!
Tucked in the bib pockets of his overalls, he carries a cake decorators knife for which he scrapes things clean with and steals crap off of your plate, note pads, and 5 pounds of just stuff... I mean STUFF!!

To top it all off, his toes -for which he has operated on for ingrowns, so you know how HOT those are - hang out of flip flops year round... 'cept when driving a train. For real... No, really, I'm serious.

Not sure how long Dad's going to stay before making his Mecca to Canada... but Lord, between the pups, my dad, the kids, and my husband, I should be admitted to St. Lukes in Meridian sometime in the next 24 hours on a 51-50 hold... No need to send flowers, it's a vacation in it's self!

Google 51-50. It will explain VOLUMES!

*In all honesty, my dad is really awesome, in small doses.... Just peculiar beyond rational understanding.*

No comments:

Post a Comment