Most people use it to brush their teeth, detail clean, swab the deck of a military ship...
When I don't feel good, eat too much, or have sour stomach, I use to to puke. My eating disorder has been haunting me much here lately as I am not losing weight and feeling fatter every day. It's really starting to creep up on me faster than ever. I've noticed though, that the more stress I carry, the more likely I am to contemplate the eating disorder. Possibly because I can control what I eat and what I choose to throw up and can control little else anymore?
I had an email from Richard Simmons... yes, I am serious. This is what I got from him June 19, 2007:
Amy.
I want you to keep those Weight Watchers meetings going and to KEEP FIGHTING to win this war with your weight. I do believe you CAN do it! If you really WANT to lose this weight, then you really CAN lose it!
What you need or, I should say, WHO you need most of all to WIN this fight is YOU! It's THAT simple. Successful weight-loss is all about your making important LIFESTYLE changes. And that's where YOU are right now. Get ready to prove yourself TO yourself!
It's TIME, once and for all, to turn the frustration you have with your weight into the DETERMINATION you need to LOSE it. You have GOT to decide how much losing this weight means to you and get ready to lose it ...NOW! It's all about how much TIME you are willing to spend and how much WORK you are willing to do. And that's only as impossible as you make it!
You really do WANT to lose this weight, don't you Amy? Well, of course you do and that means you have the WILL to do it. Plus, God has already given you the POWER to lose it. He just leaves it in your hands to USE that power. Put the two together and you have the WILL--POWER you need to lose this weight!
Always remember that FOOD has NO power over you other than the power you choose to GIVE it. You must CHOOSE to not allow food and your weight to rule your life ANY longer. The big mistake most people make is to turn losing weight into a chore or an impossible task. It's NEITHER! Yes, you DO have to work for it. You have to EARN it. But that's true of just about anything else in life worth having, isn't it? But I also like to think of losing weight as an adventure. Just think, you'll be creating a brand NEW AMY and if that's not an adventure then tell me what is? Here's how you WIN this fight:
1)Get in charge and STAY in charge of your eating habits. (No big surprise for you there, right?) And one more time, you must NOT give food power over your life EVER again. YOU control the food and it does NOT control you, unless you LET it. YOU are the boss when it comes to what foods go into your body and it's not just about WHAT you eat, it's about how MUCH. You have got to watch those portion sizes. Food does not leap from the plate or the kitchen cabinets into your mouth. It's you who makes those decisions. How much do you want to WIN this fight huh, Amy?
2)You've GOT to start and stick with a dedicated EXERCISE program and make it a regular part of your life. You know how important exercise is for you. BUILD from where you are right now by challenging yourself to do a little bit more each day. You have GOT to keep that body of yours MOVING and make exercise Priority #1 for yourself. The more you do, the more you'll be ABLE to do! Exercise is a real win-win for you. It'll not only make your body stronger but make your MIND stronger. You'll discover that GOOD habits, like exercise, are just as hard to break as some of the bad ones you may have had in your life. Last but not least...
3)You have GOT to make sure your ATTITUDE stays strong and positive. And you REALLY need to work on this area of your life. Let there be NO more room for all of those doubts about what you CAN do, okay? Your attitude will help you as much as exercise and proper eating to win this fight, by losing. WEIGHT, that is!
Now, I'll ask again, how much do you want this Amy, really? A lot, right? Well, I want you to forget the past and concentrate on what you can do now. What matters now is the opportunity you have NOW to lose this weight, once and for all. Take it one step, one day and one POUND at a time! That brand new Amy wants into your life as much as you want her in it. Let her IN and don't let yourself down!
BELIEVE in yourself and, now that you have begun this fight, NEVER GIVE UP on YOU! I promise, I'll be cheering for you, all the way to your goal. Keep me posted on how GOOD you are doing, okay? And, one more time, Amy, you CAN do it!
Your Friend,
Richard
Yes, Richard is for real. I think finding this today gave me a boot in my butt... I just feel sooo lame knowing I'm like 10 pounds heavier than I was this time a year ago...
I do not want to be lame anymore...
I do not want to be lame anymore...
No comments:
Post a Comment