Thursday, April 10, 2008

Today, ahhh today.

What a day... The weather here in Idaho is about as moody as a pregnant woman... it rains, it stops, it's sunshiney, it's hot, it's freezing, I JUST DON'T GET IT! We went out to see our house today, I'm so excited our roof is on and they're prepping for our windows to be put in. Our tubs were placed in their respective bathrooms upstairs, and the roof was on! I was so stoked!

It's just been a wierd day. I woke up and I'm the lightest I've been in nearly a year, and I've been eating what I wanted, when I wanted all week! I've been reading and doing the Paul McKenna stuff. It's really made a huge difference. I found that when I starved myself of the things I really wanted, I just wanted them more... so in small, moderate amounts, I can eat like everyone else, but lose at the same time.

Grace is getting ever moody. Probably the biggest reason we put off considering adoption/foster to adopt situations. She's very much like Jason, very much so. Her mood swings are huge, she hates being away from video games or the TV... I don't know how to handle this as I was not a kid into video games. I played in the mud, or with Barbie, or in the desert field behind my house. Life was simple then, and I was happy. I don't know how this is fair to have kids that are so crabby and demanding... I just don't get it.

I'm back to being an administator for OLGA. I took a break for a while from the organization. I think being the only gaming widow that stays around makes it very difficult to be the one to respond, with experience, about what to do, what I've been through, etc. gets exhausting. Our site is soon to undergo many changes, and I'm glad. I hope it helps us use the site easier, those who come to visit and get help can find what they need faster, and we look a bit more like a help site instead of a gamers guild site...

What else was I gonna write about today? Oh yes, I listened to a talk last night on the internet. It changed me a lot. M. Russell Ballard of the 12 spoke on the role of mothers, mainly young mothers. He had so much to say and it feels like finally the Lord has heard enough of my gripes that he gave an inspired man, inspired words to help us feel more important. Fantastic. I couldn't say enough...

I have 16 more days until I get to see the effects of the credit building we've been doing. My dad bought our Avenger, to help our debt to income ratio and they needed another car. He's been so excited for us. I wish I had a way to send him pictures or the video. Right now the computer I am on is borrowing memory from Jason's old gaming computer, and this one has no clue how to burn DVD's... It's silly, I know. We're going to buy some more memory for the kids computer and use it as backup if the whopper crashes again. Just a way to play it safe I suppose.

Anyway - I guess Jason is excited my cousin Charles wants to come up this summer. He really enjoyed playing games and hanging out with him. He's talking about taking him Creek Crawling - or something like that. Sounds like something boys do... huh? I think Jason's starting to really see what family is about now. He's got a dad that he never had, he's got cousins I think he sees as little brothers and sisters, lots more love than I am sure he's ever felt in his life. It's about time.

Okay, I was long winded today, but it's been worth it. I forget sometimes everything that happens in a day... but I'm glad I caught up.

Hugs to you all...

Be Fierce!

No comments:

Post a Comment