Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Hair

So, I've gone nuts and did my hair. It looked nuts up until yesterday. Let me explain.

I've had FIERCE black hair for - like 2 years now? I love black hair. I thought maybe it was a time for some change and went to the salon to have them put some brown back into it. Well to do that you have to use bleach. The girl didn't use high enough volume to lift the color from my hair, so my hair was three colors from root to tip. She left me like that... so I called and cried and said, can't you just fix it? So, she put a red brown into my hair and it looks alright. I don't know what I'm going to do when my hair needs fixing again. Probably not go back to visit her. She made me nervous as she couldn't suggest hair cuts and styles for my face shape, and didn't suggest colors or anything for the corrective color... *sigh*

So, I'm not confident totally with my hair, but whatever, it's hair.

I'm getting ready to re-do some furniture for Grace so when she has her new room built - her furniture will reflect the gorgeousness of it all. One is a desk my Auntie Donna gave me from when she was young and the other is my great grandma's dresser and nightstand for the babies. We'll see how this all goes. Not sure yet but I'm gonna give it a go and lots of love.

By the way, Paul McKenna is fabulous. I'm breaking a rule right now by eating next to the computer but it's rice cakes, not chips, so it's not so bad. I really like how he can make you think about food, not just shovel it in, and to really listen to your body's signals, to eat slowly and conciously. I also love that I can eat whatever I want - within reason - just in small amounts. It's been good for me. It's more healing than one would expect. Changes patterns of thinking too.

What a week already. I'm gonna go now. Love to all across the miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment