So, yeah. I'm about at my wits end with weight loss. I can't seem to get Weight Watchers to work for me, and I keep creeping on the scales. This sucks. As I sit here and type this, the warmth of my scalding cup of hot cider is soothing to me. Albeit, 2 points out of my 23 point day isn't so much - but then again, it is! It's nearly 10% and the danged thing is only 80 calories!
I guess the last few weeks I've noticed an eating pattern. I've been going sweets crazy for the last while and it's shown. I was up on the scale - the highest ever. I contribute part of that the lack of exercise and movement since I pulled my groin muscle, and the junk food.
Today, I portioned out everything I was mindlessly eating into serving sizes, counted the points value and calories so I knew at that moment exactly what was going in my mouth.
Things I realized going in my mouth were far worse than I remembered:
Spaghetti - 4 freaking points for a four bite serving. I guess load that s'ketti with veggies in the sauce and go heavy on the dinner salad...
Vanilla Wafers - 8 darn wafers for 5 points, I think...
Chocolate Covered Raisins from Costco - UGH - 5 points for 20 little buggers... I skip those now...
*sigh*
This weight loss thing has not been easy. I felt so alone all the time, humiliated to eat at dinner when we'd go out. I just couldn't eat a baked potato in front of Jason and feel okay.
Today I enlisted his help in this journey. I showed him what portions were, packed his lunch/dinner, portioned out his work snacks into real do-able portions (not the whole bag anymore) and hopefully this will help us both feel better.
Oh yes, and I started back up on my Cortislim pills. It got me moving today, I think it initiated the OCD WW Portion Control issue and I felt up. I also took some Lexapro and felt quite okay. Now on to vitamins, which I forgot... GAH! Too easy to forget those.
Hopefully, I can report in a week and have lost some of this drudgery...
Hope for sunshine ahead.
Amy
one month later and I'm down 10 pounds - a whoooo hoooo!!!
ReplyDelete