I've been in the midst of IV hydration therapy appointments for this pregnancy, three times a week (should be daily) and sleeping a lot due to anti nausea meds. So by definition of pregnant woman, I'm "busy"....
But the upside is, I'm faring better this pregnancy than I did with my others because I have an OB who is working to make my life bearable with hyperemesis. Yes, I do get new IV's at least three times a week. Yes, I look like I have track marks on my arms and have bruises from blown veins. Yes, it gets exhausting... but it's worth it.
Our little dude is moving around a lot now. According to calculations from our first OB visit, I'm 20 weeks today. That would mean he's about the size of a banana and 10.5 ounces.
I'm still trying to find joy in the journey. With Braxton Hicks contractions starting this weekend, and pre-term labor rearing it's ugly head... I have a feeling complete bed rest is in my future. The good part is, little dude has held out longer than his previous two sisters. So that helps me feel a little better.
We've got his car seat, stroller, basinet and some clothes to get us started as well as a stack of diapers and wipes we pick up as we go. It's so different shopping for a boy. With my girls they had bows, socks and shoes that matched; Gymboree was a staple favorite. Now with a little guy on the way, it's jeans and hoodies... ha ha! So simple. If he's anything like my dad, he'll be a barefoot wonder.
I guess the only thing that scares me at this point is the fact that I have had weightless surgery (October 2008) and I've never been pregnant while in my current condition. I don't know how much of the twinges of pain are growth and which are related to my band. Hopefully I can go off without a problem and have a complication free (band wise) pregnancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment