Monday, November 23, 2009

The Thanksgiving Turkey Conversation I had with my mother.... AKA - Get your depends, this is hysterical!

Nancy Bowker says (8:14 PM):
Are you having guests?
*Amy* says (8:15 PM):
nope
just - us
and I have a turkey
oh my gosh
so afraid of my turkey
Nancy Bowker says (8:15 PM):
Well, I know the kids love it...and so do you...and I think Jason does too
*Amy* says (8:15 PM):
oh we all love it
Nancy Bowker says (8:15 PM):
Easy as pie...no easier...if you look at my Facebook post...I said, "if you can make a pie from scratch, you can do the turkey..no prob
Nancy Bowker says (8:16 PM):
I use a Brown and Serve bag and it's so easy
*Amy* says (8:16 PM):
natalie sent me a link
howtocookathanksgivingturkey.com
I bought one of those today
Nancy Bowker says (8:16 PM):
I saw that she sent it...might be helpful about defrosting
*Amy* says (8:16 PM):
brown bags
Nancy Bowker says (8:16 PM):
So easy...
*Amy* says (8:16 PM):
I bought mine partially defrosted
it's in my fridge getting the rest of the way
Nancy Bowker says (8:16 PM):
I've done it both ways...and did the stuffing the turkey too...but...once I did the bag, I will never try anything else...SO SO easy
Nancy Bowker says (8:17 PM):
Great...you're on your way...
*Amy* says (8:17 PM):
I have a bag that I can make the turkey stuffing in and just throw it in the bird... why?! I dunno something about a turkey pooping stuffing people think is glorious
Nancy Bowker says (8:17 PM):
if it doesn't defrost all the way by Wed...you can fill the sink with cold water and let it set, turning it hourly...and re-filling the sink...you have to keep it cold
Nancy Bowker says (8:18 PM):
Yeah...you have to be careful about the temperature of the stuffing in the turkey...harder to mess with...but...hey, people have been doing if for year...
you have to stitch up the butt if you do it in the bird
*Amy* says (8:18 PM):
I think I might cheat, and cook it before I throw it in
Nancy Bowker says (8:18 PM):
LOL
LOve my crockpot
*Amy* says (8:18 PM):
then shove it in the bag in the butt of the bird
and voila
Nancy Bowker says (8:18 PM):
LOL
*Amy* says (8:18 PM):
stuffing in a turkey butt
Nancy Bowker says (8:18 PM):
Yeah
Nancy Bowker says (8:19 PM):
and neck cavity
*Amy* says (8:19 PM):
GAG
It makes me wanna throw up thinking about the NECK
Nancy Bowker says (8:19 PM):
you use the skin from where the tail is to pull it up over the opening and in the olden days, my mom used to sew it shut
*Amy* says (8:19 PM):
does glue gunning work?
LOL!!
Nancy Bowker says (8:19 PM):
LOL...spoken by the glue gun queen
*Amy* says (8:20 PM):
It works for a lot of things
so don't knock it
it ROCKS
Nancy Bowker says (8:20 PM):
I know
like duct tape
*Amy* says (8:20 PM):
yeah
but better
Nancy Bowker says (8:20 PM):
yeah
*Amy* says (8:20 PM):
and those nasty used to be feather things?!
GAH!!!
Nancy Bowker says (8:20 PM):
Anyway, if you read the box on the Brown & Serve bag, it will tell you how long...it takes less time in the bag too
*Amy* says (8:20 PM):
they're the reject toothpicks
Nancy Bowker says (8:20 PM):
quills...
*Amy* says (8:21 PM):
I think I have a 10 pound turkey
Nancy Bowker says (8:21 PM):
yeah, I remember my Mom plucking those out...ewwww
*Amy* says (8:21 PM):
GAG!!
oh man
Nancy Bowker says (8:21 PM):
Small, but enough for your family
*Amy* says (8:21 PM):
yeah
for sure
Nancy Bowker says (8:21 PM):
And you can make turkey soup too
*Amy* says (8:21 PM):
um
yes, progresso does a lovely job
Nancy Bowker says (8:21 PM):
It's easy!
Nancy Bowker says (8:22 PM):
Throw the carcas in your tamale pot...add a little water...veggies..and boil awhile..then add some boullion..and noodles and boil a little longer...and viola...turkey soup
*Amy* says (8:22 PM):
uh
Nancy Bowker says (8:22 PM):
I'm sure your dinner will be grreat
*Amy* says (8:22 PM):
I hope
*Amy* says (8:23 PM):
I bought stuff for the icky green bean casserole
that nobody likes
just to have it on the table
Nancy Bowker says (8:23 PM):
LOL...we all like it
*Amy* says (8:23 PM):
it's TRADITION!
I hate cream of mushroom soup
Nancy Bowker says (8:23 PM):
There is a new recipie on Eating Well.com that is a healthy re-do of the bean thing
*Amy* says (8:23 PM):
it's nasty!!!
Nancy Bowker says (8:23 PM):
Not my fav either
*Amy* says (8:23 PM):
oh well
here's to my first - and possibly last thanksgiving in this house

No comments:

Post a Comment