Sunday, April 5, 2009

“April Showers Bring May Flowers”

If it really is the season for change, new life, and new habits... My one wish would be able to afford all the Earth friendly products I love to have, but cannot afford.

Staples in my family like foods and drinks, I have an easy time rationalizing organic. But enviro-friendly detergents, soaps, and cleansers... sometimes it's a bit harder. Why? Mostly, in my opinion anyway, they have no revenue going out advertising how GOOD they are other than word of mouth. AND because it's mostly by word of mouth, I'm taking to my blog to share with you one of my favorite brands that's enviro friendly.

A brand called Seventh Generation, got it's name based on the Great Law of the Iroquois that states, "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." I used to have to drive 45 miles one way to a farmers market in Rancho Cucamonga - called Henry's - to get my Seventh Generation Lavander soap for dishes and my multi-purpose spray that was awesome for cutting the range hood grease. Frustrated by the long drive, I started requesting that Target bring in that brand whenever I filled out their online surveys, and before long, they too carried them and the mecca to the markey was not nearly as long anymore.

I wholeheartedly support preserving the Earth. I wish the movement and popularity started sooner, but we'll take what we can get. Please change your bulbs to compact flourescent energy star bulbs and perhaps petition like I have to instate community recycling programs with your current trash service. And maybe, pass on the beans as we know that flatulent cows are reducing the ozone, it's gotta be the same for humans farting, right?

Join my favorite doctor, Dr. Alan Greene, as he moves forward in a movement for our children, and our childrens children, to preserve this vast earth, to prevent illness, and to promote health and well-being for all. Visit www.drgreene.com and let them know you read about his efforts. If you have the chance, pick up the book "Raising Baby Green" by Dr. Greene - and you'll get to read my snippet in the book and get great parenting advice, great tips for helping your children's environment be friendlier, and other awesome cool things!

Give me some feedback as to what you do for your family, during spring-time cleaning and Earth Day that both fall in the month of April. Comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment