Saturday, January 3, 2009

Yes, I'm *that* Mom

Hi there, dear world wide web bloggie readers! I wanted to just let you know that YES, you are reading the honest thoughts of a stay at home mom (or SAHM for you bulletin board junkies) and yes, there are days I don't shower - don't get the luxury rather - and I show it off.

I'm *that* mom in the grocery store with kids running and screaming from who know's what and lets their children bestow gifts - errr piss folks off - on random shoppers. One man was nice enough to *this* mom to say, "Can she make it cookie dough next time? How about Chocolate Chip?" With my best fake smile I responded 'Of course! We'll start working on that right away...' and promptly bolted to the frozen foods...

I'm *that* mother who has children trying to strip in the store and the kids get angry when they can only manage shoes and socks before they are caught. I suppose frequenting certain stores allows them to think it's their second home, but COME ON! I don't have that shiny crappy lineolum sticky tiles in MY house! GAH!

I'm *that* mom who encourages their children to wipe their noses on their long sleeve shirts because I can't *reach* the kleenex. It all comes clean in the wash anyway, well... that's what I like to believe anyway.

I'm *that* mom, who loves her children incredibly so. I'm thankful they were willing to share their talent for painting bubblegum pink paint on my cherry blossom tree mural, because they wanted to make it pretty. I'm thankful they love me... and that's because I'm *THEIR* mom.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so there, sister. I'm often "that" mom. I've semi-trained my kids now, though, so they aren't "those" kis as often. It gets better...

    ReplyDelete