from the 1 year anniversary of my grandmothers passing. I had a big bad cry yesterday at the counselors office, because I think finally it made sense. That though I logically know she's dead, emotionally she's still alive. I never saw a casket, where she was buried, or saw her dead.... The last memory of her alive was me hugging her goodbye... and thought I knew it would most likely be the last time I held her, I doubt she had the ability to understand that. I have decided that the best route of closure for me would be to fly out to vegas, rent a car, and get to the cemetary to see her spot where she's resting.
In my minds eye, she's still in her blue recliner, in her corner of the apartment, waiting for me to call... and I'm still waiting for cards in the mail.
If you decide to come to Vegas, just keep on coming south and come visit us too!!!
ReplyDeleteI had the hardest time when my grandma died because of the same thing. Only the last time I saw her she was in a nursing home because she had alzheimers - sad. I didn't go to her funeral and now I can't remember why. It gets better, though. :)
ReplyDeletelove ya