Saturday, December 13, 2008

I went in for my first fill December 1st and got 4cc's.... right off the bat. I had to go in two days later and get 1 taken out.

However, last night I started sour stomach symptoms, throwing up, the "trots", and pain in my chest after probably overdoing it while cleaning the heck out of my house. I was worried my band had slipped because on a thread from lapbandtalk.com, my symptoms were that of slippage. So, I called the docs office but my surgeon wasn't on call. A co-worker of his was and told me to go to the ER to get an unfill... but I thought it would be better to totally unfill me, and let me recouperate.

Nope.

I got there, got stuck on fluids as I hadn't had anything stay down in more than 24 hours and was barfing for 18 hours after eating cottage cheese, cheese chunks. It was terrible. They gave zofran for nausea, and the doc came in and did a terribly rough and uncomfortable unfill... yanked the needle out, shoved it in sideways, took forever.... etc. It was terrible.



I still have a pain in my chest near my collar bone and I ache like bad where the band would be, but never felt like this before, even after surgery.

Mandy- thanks for sitting with the kids... you're darling... and ummm tell Ryan to kiss the Dishes Fairy for me... Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment