So today I spent a good hour sweeping and mopping my kitchen floor. With the mud that comes through the back door, it's feeling like a most impossible battle to win, but I've gotta try to keep up as much as I can.
I made a batch of rolls today to see if they'll be good for Christmas dinner... I hope so. I got the cranberry apple salad stuff done, so it's just waiting for Christmas day... Lets hope it lasts that long!
The kids are all crabby and cross today. I guess the side effects of having the flu? I dunno... but it stinks and I'm gonna be a worn out mommy come Christmas day.
I found the webcam last night and the kids were able to talk to their nana virtually and boy! Was it ever interesting! Faith would get up to the camera, really close and stare in the lens, so my mom could see her eye, and she'd holler into the camera's microphone and make obscenely loud - LOUD noises... Ahhh - the fun of the holidays.
I can say I have a lot more done today than I would have expected. I've got lots of laundry done, not put away yet, though folded, and I'm proud to report, I have a sink that's EMPTY. I admit, I've been in a depression and pulling out is pretty hard. The thing I think that keeps me from dwelling too long on the sad stuff is trying to make new memories for ourselves. Create new experiences that foster feelings of joy and creativity.
This Christmas, I paid homage to my grandma by allowing the kids to kind of do their own thing when it came to wrapping, gift giving, and decorating. They're happy when they get to keep their hands busy... so that's good. Grace came to thank me last night for letting her do crafts. "It's been a long time since we crafted mom, that was a lot of fun, thanks." All over something as simple as a paper chain...
I think what we've got is the 24 hour bug... cause Aubrey looks okay, but I still won't trust her out in pub-lick...
Happy Holidays guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment