Thursday, October 9, 2008

Surprised!

I went to get on the scale this morning to make sure I hadn't gained weight since I saw the doctor last as I've introduced VERY limited carbs (oatmeal and fruit) back into my diet. My body HATES carbs but I don't wanna walk into surgery weighing 10 pounds over goal weight. However, upon stepping upon the scale this morning, I discovered I'm LOWER than what I was proclaiming to the world. I'm down to 143.6 now - and likely - at this pace - I will be skin and bones after my 6 weeks of soft food diet... New clothes maybe?

On another note, Jason and I decided to finance our back yard re-vamp. We've got 6 months same as cash and with our tax return next year, it will be more than paid off. So we're excited about that. By saturday we should have 4,000 sq feet of grass, our elevations in dirt (burms, though decorative), a completely graded yard, 3 zones of irrigation installed and ready to rock, and our curbing on the outside of our lawn! It's so exciting! Honestly, I think we got a smokin deal and if I don't have to be the one outside in this weather doing it, I'm great with that. Oh, we're paying 4K for everything, total! WHOO! If you figure out here sod costs 24 cents a square foot, I think we made out well... and I can't mess up the sprinklers either. Not that I'm THAT stupid, but I'd rather have it awesome and work right from the word go than have to come in and re-do it all or find that my yard is dying because I couldn't do sprinklers properly.

Anyway - I'm going into Grace's class in a few to go read my story and help out in the class. Should be a good day!

Hope you're staying warm!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your surgery! I don't think you need to loose any weight- but good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete