Saturday, October 18, 2008

Service and Humanity

I went out to the church cannery today to can some stuff for the church. I had more fun than should be allowed at a cannery, but that's just me making fun out of nothing at all! They put me in charge of the sealing machine - on my first trip to the cannery ever - and I didn't even lose one can and it's contents on the floor! Not too hard to get the hang of it after a while.

The best parts about today were when someone would come through the door, the bell would buzz and I'd more than happily exclaim "I'm the winner! YES!!! Who's next?!" People would smile and laugh, but one crabby worker in particular, said "She's nuts" - I guess they didn't breed them like me back in her day... but that's alright. She doesn't understand nuts like I do... I grew up with a bunch of them! LOL

On another quirky side note, I would pretend that I was spinning some records while the cans were spinning, making the "scratching" sounds of a record too. Priceless to see them laughing with me, or rather at me. Sometimes, you just need a good laugh to make the work load feel lighter. I can tell you though, we packed over 200 cans of stuff on our line alone! If someone wants to go and work with me, I'd love to go again! I had too much fun! (isn't that silly? Fun at a cannery?)


Oh yes, and one more thing. Jason took the girls to a miniture horse show today somewhere out in BFE Idaho. They loved it. I have pictures from his camera phone and they're just too cute for words.



Surgery in less than 72 hours... crikey! ACK!

Breathe! BREATHE!

*feeling faint*

*conk*

LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment