Saturday, October 11, 2008

Don't Lose Any More Weight?!

Yes, that's what my doctor said... LOL

So, I went to meet with my surgeon yesterday. He sat down with me and looked at my paperwork. He said at least three times how really impressed he was with my weight loss. The doctor has no reservations about doing my surgery, and I'm going to be the lightest person he's ever done surgery on... I've lost what is required for a 330 pound patient... so 33 pounds is a lot... really a lot.

He told me not to lose anymore weight because I have to start to feel hungry and find my sweet spot with my band. I was also told that he might just fill me a bit fuller (more than 1.5cc's) than most folks since I will likely lose the rest of my weight in the next 6 week post op period and he doesn't want me to endure more stomach poking than I have to. WHOO! Just have to be careful of the stitches inside for the first 6 weeks, and then all should be healed fine.

Then I went for pre-op workup - HELLO TAKE FOREVER APPOINTMENT! They could tell I was nervous because my pulse was 106... normally I'm like 62...? Yeah. I'm all set for the 21st. I just wish I could have valium or something. They said once I walk in, to ask for my IV (fun......) and then give me the "I really don't care" medicine. I should be in surgery for no longer than 45 mins because I'm small and not complicated. That's nice of them to say, huh? I guess they don't know me like the rest of blog land knows me.... haaaaa ha ha ha!

Jason is going in for his vasectomy on Tuesday. It's going to be such a relief to be able to sell all my materinty clothes and know I'm not going to mess up the rest of my work now. We'll be birth control pill free in a few months! WHOO!

Am I sad? Maybe a titch, but with as difficult as things are for me being pregnant, I'm glad to borrow anyone's baby anytime and have a typical life now!

Mandy and Gretchen are both out of town, so pardon me while I mope in my neck of the woods. Be safe ladies! I will miss you both terribly!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a set date for sugery and for being awesome at losing weight!!!
    I tagged you...he he! I know how much you love to e tagged! (I might have to finish my post after church, though.)

    ReplyDelete