I've had an interesting roller coaster last week or so. We've gone from being approved for lending through the VA to not, Faith back in the ER with intestinal problems, a baby shower for my dear friend Jodie, and failing miserably at being a good friend and listening ear to friends who I know I need to call... *sigh*
Anyway - on my soapbox, here we go again. So, I'm on my mission to lose 10% of my body weight... it's coming off... slowly, and that's okay. I've been working out to Turbo Jam and I am actually getting results. I suppose it's in part because I've got weights on with the workout and I'm going at it twice a day if I can... I'm really happy with myself about that.
I've got friends who I love incredibly here in Idaho, mostly from church... well okay, you caught me, all of them are from church. But I tell ya what, I'd not trade a single one of them for nothing. They're just fabulous. We all are "human" together, and I don't feel like I have to play "keeping up with the Jones'" with them. I've got friends from all walks of life. Thank goodness. I think having a balance of friends keeps me balanced.
So, we've got like 32 days left before we can move in, when we get our loan approval. Our house is coming along so nicely. It's going to be awesome to be a home-owner with a mortgage just 84.00 more than what our rent was in California on our 3 bed, 2 bath dump. Seriously... this is such a good life here. My gratitude knows no boundaries.
I feel like for the first time in my life, I'm alive. I'm me. There's no gloom, depression, sadness. It's like it all got washed away. I'm so happy to serve, I'm happy to ease burdens, I just can't say how much I love this place.
Last month, my bishop from my youth died in a horrible car accident. His daughters were friends with my sister and I. It was a sad blow, he was the second death in a month for me, the 5th in the year... It was a testament to me though, that his family was alright with his passing and was more concerned about the 17 year old boy that hit him as he has to live with the knowledge he killed someone for the rest of his life. The gospel is sure a powerhouse for people. Knowing what's gonna happen when we die, makes this thing called suffering much less sufferable...
The kids are winding down for bed, it's time for reading and prayers, then my workout, laundry, and then a shower and bed.
I'm grateful for the ability to share my life. I'm grateful I can walk. I'm grateful for my friends who are like family to me. I'm grateful to feel joy and happiness like I have never known. Gratitude... It can go a long way.
Thanks God, for all my blessings...
You go, sister! Thanks for the phone call tonight...it helped more than you can know. It's nice for me to know that someone out there relates to my daily insanity. You rock.
ReplyDelete