Sunday, February 10, 2008

Why I think I'd be a good adoptive parent...

So we're considering adopting an older boy. Why? I'd rather not go through diapers, formula, bottles, potty training again.... I think it would be good for Jason to have someone to spend time with and relate to. It's interesting... I'd love to take in a great kid and send him on a mission.

I feel like my capacities of parenting are great. I'm a go-getter, positive reinforcement, advocate for my kids and want to see them become true champions in this stupid rat race. Grace does really well with older boys as friends.

My family is a bit up at arms about the whole older issue, however, I think I know how to ask the right questions and I pray about things, I mean really pray about things since I got to Idaho. The Lord is not too far from me here, or my thoughts. I wish that I could really see the huge long picture of things.

I am starting to pray that the boy who is meant to be in my home, and be saved, is praying for me too. I pray that he's in a good foster home, given courage to face another day until I can get to him. It's sad to think that there are so many children in the systems here that need homes, families, assurance, stability... and though we're not perfect... I think we'd be fun to live with, that we'd have lots to offer.

I hope, that our home is able to house the love needed to keep a child of special needs. Gods working in fabulous ways here. I can't help but think he's helping move things along, and my Grandma is giving him gentle reminders... :)

Thanks God, I'm sorry I was impatient with you. I think if I never went through the ugly, I'd never appreciate what I've got now. You're awesome, I hope I make you proud.

Your Wild Hair Daughter... Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment